Friday, December 28, 2007

This is it....for now.

This will be my last post for a while. Well, just the weekend. I'll be on my trip to Savannah then to Jacksonville with my family. I won't be near a computer so I'll update when I get back. I'm sure I'll have one or two or ten stories to share. I'll be getting new comics tomorrow so I'll have reviews as well.

Today, I saw the Kite Runner. It was a pretty good film but did not have the same impact on me as the book did. If you have not read the Kite Runner, I recommend it. It's one of the best books I have ever read.

I also sat around my house today. I usually like to go places but figured I would only spend money so I stayed put. It was pretty boring.

One of my friends came over for dinner. We watched some TV. I introduced him to Army of Darkness. Well, it was the last 15 minutes. But 15 minutes of that movies is better than nothing. We saw a rerun of My Name is Earl. It was actually really, really funny.

Then we shot some pool. I really suck at pool. But it was still fun. He's hit a rough patch in his life right now so it was good to talk. We've all hit rough patches in our lives before. I hit one two years ago when I didn't have a job for 3 months. I was pretty depressed. I mentioned that to him. Apparently, I hid it well because I showed no signs of depression.

Then we rented Curb Your Enthusiasm which I have never seen. I've only watched two episodes but it's hilarious. Blockbuster only has season 3 but it's ok. The Blockbuster I go to doesn't have a lot of things that maybe they should have like Goodfellas. That's a story for another time.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Are you back yet? How was your trip? Tell us all about it. Happy New Year!