Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I got an owie!

I had already posted this morning about my upcoming day. Well, not all of it has happened yet. This morning in the hallway at work a coworker had brought her children to work and they were doing cartwheels for some other coworkers to see. I had just dropped something off and was returning to my office when I was asked to demonstrate my version of a cartwheel. I don't usually back away from a challenge so I did a cartwheel. I pretty bad one. I landed on my butt and my head went to the side. Actually, my head smacked on the corner of a wall.

It jarred me for a second and got up. I looked at everyone. Their mouths were all opened. I said I was fine but then was told I wasn't because I was bleeding. Fortunatley I was next to the men's room and walked in and washed it off. I had a gash on the side of my forehead. I then went to the clinic where they cleaned it up and told me to go to the doctor so they could check it out. Great, I had to leave and sit in a doctor's office for a long time and then get stitches. Plus the whole incident is slightly embarassing.

The doctor's visit went fine. I was only there about and a hour and a half. And no stitches! They used some glue stuff to seal up the wound. I had to get a Tetnis shot though. I think I'll have a bruise from that . So, it's been an eventful day so far. This tops yesterday's incident of murdering my fish, which is for another time. I did get some sympathy points from some of the ladies on the hall. Some even came up to the clinic to check on me. So I've got that going for me.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Ouchie is right! Well, I'm glad your head is still attached and you didn't bleed out all over the Senate office. Now I think you're ready to go back to work at BSCIP, but this time you will truly be qualified for the job. So did this head trauma make you forget that The People want comic book reviews? Bring it...