Sunday, December 16, 2007

Any Given Sunday

Ok, this is not a review of the awful Al Pacino/Cameron Diaz film. But it is about football.

My buddies and I got together to play football this afternoon. After a December that has been in the mid 70s to low 80s we decide to play when it's 54 degrees out side. But that's ok, all the running around will warm you up, right?

If you ever want to feel old and out of shape play football with a bunch of kids who are in high school. It's what I do. I still had a few catches and one touchdown. So it wasn't too bad of a day. Actually it was a great day. I always love getting the chance to play some football. I'm pretty horrible but I was not blessed with athletic ability. I guess I will just have to settle for being good looking. Seriously, getting to be outside and running around for a few hours is great. Sure, I'll feel it for the next few days. I'll probably have trouble walking. But it's worth it. Maybe when I'm 40 it won't be worth it but right now it's ok.

We are actually thinking of joining a city league next fall. It will be lot's of fun. Most likely we will all be killed. I have a feeling the people who play are ex college football stars. We'll see if it pans out. I'm good to go. We just have to find a few others committed to the cause.

Next week we'll be out there again. Maybe the weather will be slightly warmer. It could happen. After all this is Florida.

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Ha! I do karate, and nothing makes me feel older than when I get beaten up by fifteen/sixteen year olds! I know the feeling.

But know this: you're tougher than the average guy your age because you go out and do this stuff.

Join that league! If I had the time, I'd join a basketball team for a couple reasons: 1. I have no natural ability, and 2. It would be great exercise.

Good luck! And have fun! :)