Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Friends and other musings

I ran into an old friend today. It's a weird thing when you run into old friends. This was someone who was one of my first friends when I moved to Tallahassee. After high school graduation I would see this person around the community college we went to. We remained pretty good friends. I still consider this person a friend, I suppose. We lost contact after I went to FSU and he went off somewhere else. He was at the bookstore today. I said hi. We spoke for a few moments about what we were doing with our lives. Then I went off one way and he went the other. It was a strange experience. I guess that's what happens though. We build friendships then life happens, we move on to another stage and build new friendships.

Recently I've run into people I went to high school with. It feels like I just graduated from high school. I should have more to say to these people. But it's been 6 years almost 7.

This is about as deep as I'll get for now.

In other news, I bought the new Killers cd today. It's pretty good for an album that is full of b-sides and cover songs. I also bought two books today as well. We'll see if I read them. I got the Road by Cormac McCarthy and The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. I also went back to the comic shop today to dig through the 3 for $1 bin. I got 30 X-men comics this time to bulk up my X-men collection. The owner was having a half off sale on his regular back issues. So I got some Amazing Spider-man issues. So I got 37 comics for $20, not too shabby. I also believe that I purchased my oldest comic to-date. Amazing Spider-man #204 from 1980.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Bad news: I went by Best Buy at 5 after work and found a copy of The Office Season 3. Joey called me today to say he was there around the same time and found a copy on some random shelf in the store.

But great post. I really thought your soul was on a comeback. But you put it down at just the right time ;)