Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I'm baaaaaaaaaack

After a weekend with the family, I have returned. Unfortunately I have to go back to work tomorrow. Oh well, such is life.

I had a fairly decent time in Savannah with my family this weekend. Savannah's a neat place. There's a lot of history and the town is kept up pretty nice. The buildings in the historic section are pretty cool. There's also a lot of town squares with statutes. We ate at some good places as well. Including Lady & Sons which is owned by Paula Deen of Food Network fame. It was pretty good southern cooking. The best place had to be Uncle Bubba's which is owned by Paula's brother, Bubba. It's seafood and boy was it good.

The downer was the fact I went with my parents. Not saying this to be mean or anything. Well, a little bit. I haven't been on vacation with them in a few years. I've been on my own for a while now so I got use to doing my own thing on my own time. Plus my mom still thinks my brother and I are twelve. It was just little things like having to wait for them to catch up. It wasn't horrible just annoying.

New Year's eve in Jacksonville with my Aunt's family was eh. My cousin is just annoying. He's 13 but acts like he's 6. His parents really don't do much to correct him so he runs the show. I'm usually a nervous wreck after I leave there. We did eat at a Japenese steak house that was quite good. Those places are always fun.

I might post some comic reviews later tonight. I read some pretty good comics while on vacation. So you have something to look forward to. I also hope everyone had a good New Years.

1 comment:

Trey said...

Wow, bummer man. I especially wish I hadn't sent the link of this sight to your mother about 20 minutes ago. I thought she may want to see her sons handy-work. JK, But anyway, yeah, I went on vacation with my parents for the first time in about 4 years last summer. It was....yeah....special. I can relate though.

Well, good to have you back! Sorry your New Year's Eve sucked. Mine was low-key, but enjoyable. Here's to next year. We'll have to throw a party for '09, and by "we" I mean "you". Take it easy! I'll e-mail you tomorrow since I'll be back at work too.