Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Tuesday

Before I start I have an update on my co-worker who was in an accident this weekend. Her surgery went well and she's still in ICU. They are expecting to move her to a regular room either Wednesday or Thursday. She's apparently in good spirits though. However, she's got about 14 weeks of therapy ahead of her.

Today got off to a good start. I left my I.D. badge at home. I tried to sneak in the door behind someone but unfortunately I ran into a security guard who made me walk to the front entrance of the capitol in the cold. I set the metal detector off and had to have the wand waved over me. Great start.

The rest of the day was slow. I was busy first thing in the morning but things fell off after that. This is the calm before the storm. January is when it'll really pick up and by March we'll be starting session and keep going nonstop until May.

My boss let me go home at 3:30. I spent the rest of the afternoon trying to tidy up the house. Then I posted my nominations for the 2008 Cappies. What's the Cappies you might ask? Well it's the annual comic book awards that the users on the message board I frequent, the Captain Comics Message Board, vote on annually. Maybe after the first of the year I'll post some of my favorite comic book moments from 2008 along with my favorite movies and some other stuff.

This evening I went to Bonefish with my family. The food was quite good. The company was well....It's the holiday I'll stay positive and leave it there.

No comments: