Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Back!!!

It's been a while since I've posted. Almost a year. Let's see if I can catch everyone up on what's happened.

Well when I last left off I was thinking about asking out a young lady at work out. Well I did. We dated for 5 or 6 months. It was not what I thought it would be. Turned out she was a little bit of a psycho. Most of what she said was never true. Most of what she was a mystery with no rhyme or reason. I tried to let it fizzle out but that didn't work out. I finally dumped her over the phone after not talking to her for two weeks. She actually took it well. I also never told my parents that we were dating. She's not someone they would have approved of, at all. That's pretty low of me, I know and I should probably grow up, eventually. Anyways she didn't go into the military like she said she was. She got another phantom leg injury which sidelined her the first time. Apparently she's unofficially engaged to a guy she's been dating since the summer. I broke up with her in June. Needless to say she got over me, quick. I just found that out this week. Just the tip of the ice berg of what was a weird week but more on that later.

That might have been the biggest development of the year for me. Well it was at least new territory. I went on my annual camping trip with my friends and our old history teacher. It was a blast. We met some girls from Dothan, Alabama. Hilarity ensued. I funneled a beer or two. A girl fell into the fire and bounced out unharmed. We learned a new drinking game. I smoked my first cigarette well first ten actually. Then told my brother about it which made him decide he wanted to smoke. Now he's hooked. I'm a great brother.

Work was mostly a drag. I didn't take any time off during the summer. I did take a week off in October to do some stuff around the house. Next time I take off I'm going somewhere.

My boss took a promotion and now I have a new boss. She started this week. It's been a smooth transition for the most part but still kind of weird.

I also bought a Wii and have played a lot of Guitar Hero. I can't really remember anything else of importance.

Which brings me to the weird week.
  • First of all it dragged on and on. I feel like today should be Saturday.
  • I find out my ex is engaged.
  • Then my brother is more or less dating a girl I've been friends with for 10 years. Who I've been trying to date for years. It was obvious that we were just friends but I kept trying to convince myself there was more. My brother has had less luck than I have in the romance department than I have. So I'm happy for him. But he's being secretive about it. I also know this girl well so I don't know if she views whatever they're doing as "dating". So I'm worried about him. I still feel weirded out by the whole thing.
  • I met up with a friend I've known for 6 years. There's never been any sort of talk of romance or even an attraction. Her and I are just friends who meet up every few months and talk movies. This time after a few beers at my place she got a little touchy and started with some kissing. It was a side I never seen before. Not wanting either of us to regret anything in the morning I threw up the boundaries. I'm not sure we'll be meeting up anytime soon.
  • This wasn't a weird moment but a cougar (not the animal) laid a huge kiss on my cheek at work. It felt pretty good and I was able to brag about it to another co-worker who likes to talk about the stupid emails he sends back-and-forth with her. Top that buddy. I realize that was probably not appropriate.
I also realize I'm probably coming off as a jerk in the post. I think I'm in a turning point in my life. It's getting to the point where I think I need to move on. I'm not sure if I should think about going back to school or trying to find a new job or move out of town or state. Or a combination of those options. It'll be tough to pull off in this economy but I'm sure something might work out.

That's it for me. I'll be posting more often. I'll do the typical update stuff and maybe post some comic reviews.

4 comments:

Ana said...

Okay, that's quite the year. yeah. It is funny how harsh it can be to look at year's worth of choices and events and see them all together.

We will be thinking of you.

Jeff said...

That's hilarious! I know what you mean about the love department, and that sounds like one interesting camping trip.

Blog a little more often and I might put you back on my blogroll! LOL.

Jinxo56 said...

It sounds like you have had quite a year. Good luck in the future.

Travis said...

That kiss on the cheek is one more kiss than I got this year. Keep up the posting!