Monday, December 29, 2008

Does somebody have the case of the Monday's?

Working through the holidays is a drag. There's not much going on and nobody is at work. It makes for an almost depressing atmosphere. The work day wasn't completely boring. I had several wrong numbers from people trying to find out what's wrong with their food stamps. I really don't like giving people the run around but I'm not the food stamp office. The main problem is that the state operator is giving out the wrong number. I've talked to the state operator 2 or 3 times but they insist that they do not give out the Senate committee's number out. Of course after I talk to them I get an influx of calls of people looking for food stamps or other types of assistance. Coincidence? I think not. But I do my best to help them. Plus it gives me something to do on slow days.

The rest of the days was fine. I got to leave early, always a plus. I had to check on my parents' house because their out of town. I got some laundry done and I've actually put it up too. It usually sits in my laundry basket for a week before I put it back up.
My brother went out tonight so I was on my own. I tried a new type of frozen burrito. Well, it's new to me. It was surprisingly delicious.

I then watched a movie titled, The Limey. As weird as this might sound I remember reading a review of the film back in 1999 when it came out and have wanted to see it ever since. It's an early film by Steven Soderbergh before he hit it big with Traffic, Erin Brokevich and Ocean's 11. It's a tale of revenge starring a cool as ice Terrance Stamp (the bad guy from Get Smart) as an ex-con trying to find the answers to his estranged daughter's death. Soderbergh used some interesting editing techniques in the film. Some worked some didn't. I enjoyed the film. It wasn't the best film I've ever seen but it had it's moments. Most notably Stamp's performance. That is one cool poster also.

No comments: