Monday, January 5, 2009

There's a First Time for Everything

Tonight I did something I've never done. I prepared a few things for tomorrow night's dinner. Instead of trying to do it all at once tomorrow I went ahead and took care of a few things.

First I made homemade pesto in my new food processor. That was actually fun. Then I got some potatoes boiling for a blue cheese potato salad I've been wanting to try. While the potatoes were cooking I cut up a sirloin steak and seasoned it with salt, pepper and the pesto. I plan to skewer the cubes I cut up and grill it tomorrow. I then mixed all of the ingredients for the potato salad and put it in the fridge to cool. All the flavors should come together overnight and give it a good taste, hopefully. Oh and before that I went to the store and bought all the ingredients I didn't already have at home. Tomorrow I also plan to cook some asparagus in my new grilling skillet.



Not sure if I'll do this again or not. I was pretty tired when I started around 9 p.m. and I'm more tired now.

No comments: