Friday, January 2, 2009

Productive Day

I went to bed last night around 1 a.m. This morning I woke up at 7:30 a.m. on my day off and ran errands.

First I went to get an oil change. I really do not like doing that. I'm always afraid that there'll be something wrong with the car. And as most of you know getting cars fixed can be expensive. My car is still new, I've only had it a little over a year now. Fortunately there were no problems. I then went to my next stop.

Which was getting my tires rotated and balanced. I go to a different spot for this because I get free rotations and balancing, for life! That took a while but they had free coffee.

Finally, I got my car washed. That was it for the car. I then went to the store to get stuff for dinner and some band aides, because I don't have any. I had knocked a chunk of skin out of my pinkie the other day and since then I keep hitting it on stuff. The band aides protect it, a little bit.

I went to the comic shop today. Always a good time. Today I picked up; Avengers the Initiative, Secret Invasion Requiem, Green Lantern, Wolverine, Justice Society America, and a new series call Incognito (look for a write up for that series very soon).

The rest of the day was good. I took a nap. Went to the dry cleaner. Cooked dinner. Drank Tequila. Went to Barnes & Noble. Rented a game for the Wii, Spider-man: Web of Shadows.

I've spent the last few hours playing the game. It's ok. I like flicking the web remote and suddenly I'm swinging on spider webs. Very cool. It's probably one of the better Spider-man games I've played. It made me wish I was still getting the Spider-man comic. I dropped it over the Summer because I wasn't enjoying it, but apparently it's gotten better.
Another bit of news, I got through the career mode on Guitar Hero World Tour today! It's a fun game. The new multi player function makes for some good times. However this time around the developers went for quantity over quality. We have more features, more songs and more instruments. But the song selection is weak. There some good songs but they aren't necessarily fun to play. Some are too easy and other's are too hard. Still it's a quality game. I think Guitar Hero 3 is still the best of the series.
I have a bit of a dilemma. Well not really. I got a message via myspace from a friend who I went to elementary and middle school with. But I haven't seen in 10 years or maybe longer. I had found him on myspace 2 years ago and corresponded some. But that last time was two years ago. His message wished me a happy new year and said to look him up the next time I'm in Pensacola (my former home town). I said I would. I don't get back much because none of my family lives there any more.
Here's the dilemma. I'd like to see this guy and he still sees some of the people I went to elementary and middle school with. All of whom I haven't seen in 10 years. It'd be great. He didn't invite me per say to come this weekend. But I'm half tempted to drive over tomorrow, just for the night and see what happens. My brother has been going out with his girlfriend the past few nights and has plans with her again for tomorrow. the rest of my friends all already doing stuff and usually don't call me anyways. I tend to be the initiator for everything. I have to be out of the house tomorrow night anyways because my bro's gf is coming over for dinner. So why not do a road trip? I really don't know if it'd be worth it but then again I don't have anything better to do.

2 comments:

Jeff Carter said...

Do it! Go!

Jason said...

I heard back from my friend. He says there's nothing going on over there either and to wait. I'll probably go sometime this month though.