Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hump day

It's been a while since I last posted. I don't want to drop the ball on this thing like I did last time. I just haven't felt like blogging.

The past few weeks have really crept by. This week has gone by much quicker. At the Legislature we're at the end of a depressing special session (budget cuts). The committee I work for had a meeting today. It went surprisingly well. I'm always tired after committee meetings though. I think it's because I'm sitting around Senators who do whatever they want and the audience is mostly lobbyist who also do what they want so I have to be alert for an hour or two. Then I have to go back to my office and report out all of the details of the meeting, mostly data entry type stuff but it requires detail. Even after doing this for almost three years it's still exhausting.

After work I met my parents at Outback. It had been a while since I've been there. The last few times I've been it hadn't been great but tonight was good. Must've been because I was tired and hungry. I also had a Foster's beer for the first time. It was pretty good. Similar to a Miller or a Bud.

The rest of my week has been going ok. I've seen three good movies three days in a row. Sunday I watched Almost Famous. It had been a while since I've seen it. It's still one of my all time favorite movies. Monday I saw Slumdog Millionaire. That is a terrific film. It has such a great story to it. Last night I saw Gran Torino. That was excellent was well. It probably was one of my favorite Clint Eastwood films.

1 comment:

Travis said...

Foster's is a good beer, but how can you compare it to Bud or Miller? It blows those out of the water